Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fall is Here

I know, I know.  Everyone is ready for fall, including myself.  After surviving yet another Texas summer, I am ready for some jeans, sweaters and boots.  To get into the spirit, I bought a new front door wreath today on sale from RueLaLa.

18in 'Autumn Sunset' Wreath
Can't wait to hang this on my front door

I'll probably also splurge on some pumpkins this weekend  for the front porch and for our backyard fireplace.  I try not to buy pumpkins too early because our neighborhood squirrels tend to attack them.  It's still too hot in Texas to really get into fall spirit, meaning that it's still way too early to break out the sweaters and boots and to start making big batches of spicy Texas chili but it can't get here soon enough.  I have a few other ideas for things around the house as well.  Time to switch out my table runners and redo my table arrangements.

I also bought this rug for the breakfast nook area of our kitchen.  Our old rug has seen better days and I love the fall colors of this one (plus it matches my kitchen which is painted in terra cotta tones).

Surya 'Frontier' Hand-<wbr/>Woven Rug
New Rug (also from Rue LaLa Fall Sale)

I'm still not quite ready for my PSL yet but I have started adding pumpkin pie spice to my oatmeal.  I have to start somewhere.

Pumpkin Spice everything
You know it's true

Come on cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment