Friday, September 27, 2013

Five on Friday, Texas Style

TGIF.  This week has dragged on.  One of those weeks that was super busy at the beginning and then starting Thursday morning, it just dragged by ever so slowly.  Here are my Five of Friday.


1.  Fall decorating.  I am ready to start doing some interior fall decorating. Candles on pedestals will be replaced with small pumpkins.  The river rock in my hurricane glass on the kitchen table will be replaced with candy corn and mini pumpkins.  Fake leaves will be set out on our accent tables, etc....

35 Fabulous Fall Decor Ideas
Thanks, Pinterest!

2.  Family Dinner.  This past Wednesday was my mom's birthday so we are all getting together on Saturday night for a Mexican food dinner in Grapevine.  I have never been to this place, called Mi Dia, but it gets great reviews!  Plus, I get to meet my sister's new boyfriend for the first time.  She's been dating him for awhile but they have been doing a long distance relationship right now so I haven't had a chance to meet him.


3.  White Rock Farmer's Market

Local residents put together a farmer's market that is ever other Saturday morning from 8 to noon just a few miles by my house.  For some reason, I have never made it over there but I am planning on it tomorrow.  I hope to get up bright and early, stop by Starbucks and then swing by the market.  I'm hoping I can score my mini pumpkins there for fall decorating.

Farmer's Market 
4.  Making my favorite fall salad tonight.  I'll post pics and a recipe on Monday (I promise).  Here's a teaser - butter lettuce, aged Vermont cheddar, apples, dried cranberries, toasted pecans and homemade apple cider vinaigrette.  One of my all-time favorites!

5.  Butternut Squash.  Another fall favorite.  I noticed they are finally back at Whole Foods.  How do you like to cook butternut squash?  One of my favorites is to roast them in the oven with salt, pepper and olive oil and then mash them up with some maple syrup and a little hint of nutmeg.

(Google images)


Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. The salad sounds delicious! I can't wait to see the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I never cooked butternut squash before? The way you prepare it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete